As a Happiness Engineer, helping people is your passion, and delighting our clients is your primary responsibility. There are a lot of other responsibilities that go along with this role, but they all support the primary responsibility of delight.
Delivering happiness via managing technology and client relationships is no easy task. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We need people with the right mix of compassion, communication skills, and the technical knowledge to get the job done.
We’ve found that one of the keys to delighting our clients is top-notch communication. This means communicating with multiple clients on a daily and weekly basis to gauge satisfaction regarding projects, tickets, and overall happiness with their technology, and to remediate any delivery issues that are uncovered during these conversations. In order to facilitate happiness with technology for a set of clients, this role requires you to become a trusted advisor. This is a position that we earn over time with our clients. We gain this trust by continually recommending and successfully implementing technologies and solutions that make our clients’ work lives better, easier, and more fun.
In general, a typical day for a Happiness Engineer involves:
- Helping clients and Newmind teammates
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and solving problems
- Crafting and editing helpful support documentation
- Being an active member of a team that provides around the clock support to our users via live chat, email, and phone support
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and insight amongst team members
Being a Happiness Engineer requires:
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of “All of the Technology” typically found in a small/mid business environment, that I didn’t take the time to list individually 🙂
- A knack for taking technical language and making it understandable
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions
Other traits and focus areas you should have include:
- Be awesome
- Must be resilient and take responsibility
- Strong leadership and strategic insight
- Entrepreneurial tendencies
- Be incredibly curious and eager to learn
- Strong organization, time management, and multitasking skills
- Effective communication skills; Communicate Responsively, Comfortably, and with Care
- Be self motivated
Working at Newmind is like working with family and friends. This is probably because we’ve all become good friends since we started working together, and because some of us have been friends for a long time before we started at Newmind. We have a mandatory 40 hour max work week that reinforces our values of GSD (Get Stuff Done) and Rest and Reflect. We’ve developed a fast, intense work pace and ethic at Newmind that is countered by a core value of Rest and Reflect. If you are curious about what life at Newmind is like, please check out our Facebook page and Blog.
If this role sounds like a perfect fit for you, or if it sounds like a role you’d love to grow into, please apply right away. We are growing quickly and looking to fill this critical role with the right person as soon as we can.